The Welsh Language Tribunal is a statutory body that deals with appeals against the Welsh Language Commissioner’s decisions in relation to the Welsh Language Standards.
- The Tribunal is an independent tribunal. It was established in 2015 under section 120 of the Welsh Language (Wales) Measure 2011.
- Iwan Jenkins is the Tribunal President.
- The membership of the Tribunal includes those who are legally-qualified member and also lay members.
- Tribunal Members are responsible (under the chairmanship of the President) for the judicial work of the Tribunal, including hearing and determination of cases.
- The Welsh Government is responsible, under the Measure, for ensuring that the Tribunal has the staff, buildings, financial resources and other resources that it needs to carry out its work.
- The Tribunal Secretariat are responsible for the administration work relating to processing of cases.